Join the Tolleson Team
Tolleson is looking for a talented writer and strategic thinker to join our creative agency. This person will work collaboratively with the strategy, design, and account management teams on projects for Tolleson and its clients. This position requires strong writing acumen, creative thinking, and research skills. While this is primarily a writing job, this role may increasingly include strategy-based responsibilities. In this position you will:
- assist in Tolleson’s efforts to understand and solve complex messaging strategies
- communicate complexity with simplicity
- write long-form brand narratives as well as concise writing for internal and client projects
- develop content applicable for web, print, presentations, and video
- conduct industry research and interviews with a journalistic approach
- assist with strategy and writing for case studies
- participate in new business efforts to help communicate Tolleson’s capabilities around brand strategy and copywriting projects
- you’re a versatile writer that has an effortless command of language and storytelling
- you’re a good listener who can separate the signal from the noise
- you can distill complex ideas into crisp prose as well as take simple thoughts and spin them into long-form narrative journeys
- you have a basic understanding of how businesses operate and compete, and can craft messaging aligned with business goals
- you can write in a brand’s own tone and voice or can create one appropriate to its business and industry
- you can generate new ideas as well as make other ideas better
- you can handle tight deadlines and quick turnaround times
- you’re good at receiving and giving constructive feedback
- you keep an open mind, but also are willing to make reasoned, insight-driven arguments
- you’re a curious, life-long learner who appreciates the journey as much as the end result
- you’re self-motivated, capable of taking initiative even with little direction
Tolleson is a full-service creative agency based in San Francisco. For over 30 years, we’ve been in the business of creating, maintaining and evolving brands. We work with clients big and small, new and old, in industries ranging from farming to fashion.
The studio is driven by the belief that the best work is rooted in clear thinking and rich storytelling, culminating in brand experiences that connect on a deeply personal level. At heart, we are problem-solvers, able to make sense of complexity and take stock of the possibilities. No matter the discipline, we deliver the highest quality creative thinking and visual executions at every stage of a project.
When you work at Tolleson you will join a team of people who love what they do. We take our work seriously, but always keep the mood light. We are a collaborative bunch that appreciates the challenge of a good problem and the cathartic release of good laugh. In addition to nurturing a spirited and supportive environment, we offer a great benefits package and competitive pay.
To apply, please send an email with your resume and two writing samples – one small (<2 pages), one large (<10 pages) – to email@example.com. Digital portfolios are also welcome, though not required.