Join the Tolleson Team
Senior Experience Designer
We are looking for a passionate and talented Senior Experience Designer who is eager to join our creative team. In close collaboration with our Creative Directors, Strategy Director, Digital Strategist, Interactive Account Manager and development partners, you will take the lead in driving and elevating brand experiences across digital touchpoints, and serve as a key collaborator throughout project life cycles.
We also look to you for leading and introducing new approaches and design thinking toward digital mediums to deliver holistic brand experiences. You will spearhead architectural exercises, create wireframes, and design responsive layouts and interactions with a strong focus on intuitive and engaging digital experiences. You are extremely detail-oriented, process-friendly and have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Senior Experience Designers are accountable for developing, facilitating and executing design with clear communication and close collaboration with both internal (integrated brand and digital team) and external teams (clients and partner agencies).
We pride ourselves on being effective communicators and presenters (both internally and to clients), so we expect that you will be strong in that regard, too. Being collaborative, ready to have influence and excited to work in a cross-functional setting to envision and iterate concepts is a must.
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on experience in UX and UI design
- Stellar portfolio that spans a wide variety of digital products, services, and experiences
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to synthesize complex information and lead with clarity and empathy
- Strong communication skills in verbal, written, and visual presentation
- Perform in cross-functional teams as an experience design thought leader
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with remote team members in a hybrid work model
- Engage directly with clients and partners to ideate, create, and solve problems; Strong business acumen is a must
- Proactive, self-motivated, with strong project and time management skills
- Extensive knowledge of visual and user experience design principles, best practices, patterns, and disciplines
- Define and create UX concepts based on an understanding of business requirements and user needs through user research and findings
- Excellent typographic skills
- Proficient in creative applications and design tools (Figma/Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Principle, etc.)
- Create interactive prototypes or find examples to demonstrate creative concepts
- Develop design systems that embrace systematic thinking and scalability
- Meticulous attention to detail in design, file organization and asset production
- Knowledge of the latest technologies, industry standards, and their impact on the feasibility of proposed design solutions
- Intermediate understanding of major web analytics packages and SEO strategies and how they can inform design decisions
- Work directly with developers to translate design into a successful final product
Tolleson is a full-service creative agency based in the Bay Area. For over 30 years, we’ve been in the business of creating, maintaining and evolving brands. We work with clients big and small in a wide range of industries including emerging technologies.
The studio is driven by the belief that the best work is rooted in clear thinking and rich storytelling, culminating in brand experiences that connect on a deeply personal level. At heart, we are problem-solvers, able to make sense of complexity and take stock of the possibilities. No matter the discipline, we deliver the highest quality creative thinking and visual executions at every stage of a project.
When you work at Tolleson you will join a team of people who love what they do. We take our work seriously, but always keep the mood light. We are a collaborative bunch, always looking to have fun as well as a good laugh. In addition to nurturing a spirited and supportive environment, we offer a great benefits package and competitive pay.
Currently remote with future hybrid work mode.
To apply, send an email with your resume and portfolio.